Fullstack Python Engineer (internship) (6+ months only)
⚠️ We only accept applications for 6+ months internship, no summer-only internships
At Gorgias, we’re making customer support software to help companies deliver great customer support at scale.
We’re building a helpdesk which aggregates customer communications from email, Facebook or chat. We make integrations with 3rd party software to show all the customer data in one place.
We've been around since 2015 and at this moment we have over 650+ paying customers including Stripe, Fjällräven, Timbuk2, and Adoreme. We’ve raised $3.4m so far and we have a recurring revenue growth of over 15% MoM.
We're looking for talented and motivated full-stack software engineers to join us in our San Francisco office.
Why you should join us
- You’ll work in a fast-paced environment and ship features every day.
- You’ll become a better developer by learning from an experienced team.
- You’ll get learn from a modern architecture (React, Flask, Kubernetes, Celery, Postgres..) and be able to contribute to a complex project.
- You’ll build and ship features for people that use our product 8 hrs per day and communicate directly with customers.
Who you will work with
- Romain, CEO — sales, product, jack of all trades
- Alex, CTO — Full Stackoverflow Developer: https://github.com/xarg
- Martin, full-stack dev — does a bit of everything (react & flask): https://github.com/martinlatrille
- Louis, full-stack dev — the core of Gorgias is where he lives: https://github.com/LouisBarranqueiro creator of reapop.
Our software stack
- Langs: Python3 and ES6.
- Libs: Flask, SQLAlchemy, Marshmallow and Restless for APIs, React/Redux for the UI. Flask-socketio for websockets.
- DB: Postgres, Redis.
- Task Queue: RabbitMQ + Celery
- Hosting: Google Cloud Platform (we run on Kubernetes)
A more complete list of our Stack: http://stackshare.io/gorgias
A short note from our previous intern Ram Goli:
Interning at Gorgias (Summer 2017) provided me with the unique, exciting experience of developing, testing, iterating, and deploying production-ready code at a rapid pace. As an intern, I was able to work directly with Romain and Alex, the CEO and CTO, and the primary developers, on a product that was enhancing the workflow of businesses around the world! Everyone in the company was willing to help me learn and entrusted me with great responsibilities, and using the latest SaaS technologies made working on the job all the more amazing! I would absolutely recommend interning at Gorgias if you are looking to work on a meaningful platform with highly motivated and compassionate colleagues.
You should join us if you care about:
- Building quality software for customer support agents and improving the overall experience for the end customer. Enough with shitty customer-service!
- Carefully designing, consuming and implementing the REST API facing our customers.
- Writing rock-solid Flask apps with clear APIs and workers that handle all the data syncing, webhooks delivery, etc..
- Moving fast and hacking which translates to: Trying, Failing, Refactoring, Testing, Profiling and Debugging the living shit out of our code while most importantly Shipping fast!
- Being a great team player and enabling other people in the team with your skills and jokes.
A bonus would be if you also like:
- Making simple interfaces that are both powerful and flexible using JS and enough bootstrap to survive.
- You know your way around *nix/docker tools and use them proficiently.
- Have a huge impact on an ambitious product
- Learn modern technologies from an experienced team.
- Competitive salary.
- Accelerated equity vesting for post-internship: https://blog.gorgias.io/thank-you-interns/
- Free lunch.